My family and I love cruising. One of the things we love most about cruising is enjoying the many different food and drink options on board. My favourite thing to drink on board is a Miami Vice, which is half strawberry daiquiri and half piña colada. That drink is refreshing, tropical and festive, perfect for celebrating the start of a cruise!. One of Graham’s favourite drinks on board is called a Captain’s Call. The Captain’s Call is a specialty coffee drink available at Café Promenade on board the Royal Caribbean ships. It’s Graham’s favourite morning ritual on board to head down to pick up his specialty coffee and bring it back to the stateroom to enjoy on the balcony. For Father’s Day this year, I decided to recreate this ritual at home by making the Royal Caribbean Captain’s Call Recipe for him.
Royal Caribbean Captain’s Call Recipe
- 1 oz. Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 oz. Hennessy Cognac VSOP
- Freshly brewed coffee
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Brew fresh coffee of your choice. Avoid flavoured coffees, and stick with a bold Colombian coffee for best, most authentic results.
- Pour the Kahlua and cognac into the mug.
- Top with freshly brewed coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh chocolate shavings. (Tip: I used my rotary Parmesan cheese grater to finely shave some pieces of dark chocolate.)
Now, close your eyes and imagine the ocean spreading out in front of you as you take that first sip! Graham told me that his specialty coffee made with my Royal Caribbean Captain’s Call Recipe was really good and tasted just like the ones he had on board the Independence of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas.
Now you can recreate the Royal Caribbean Captain’s Call Recipe in your own home, too. If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it! Cheers!